The Poetry of Pastel Workshop Program
Poetry of Pastel is a unique art learning experience created by Tom Weinkle.
Suited for Arts groups or individuals, the program can be run over 2-3 sessions and is designed to help push artist's work to new levels by unlocking creativity and exponentially increasing their confidence with pastels.
Using a contrarian approach, attendees leave behind planning and traditional pastel practices and begin to explore the act of painting guided by mood.
Artists woll find they will be able to bring excitement and creativity to your work by incorporating improvisation; and embracing chance as opportunity.
Along with engaging pastel demonstrations, attendees will receive hands-on experience.
- Using emotions to focus on subject
- Reacting and responding in the moment
- of drawing and painting
- Validating your own notions of artistic beauty
- Pushing the pastel medium to new places
Sessions are structured to provide attendees with:
- paint-along explorations of technique
- step-by-step demonstration in the context of a finished piece
- provide “at easel” guidance as you develop
- your own work
- Discussion and review of the day’s activities
Tom Weinkle is a Florida-based artist who is currently focused on pastels. He has presented workshops and seminars on creativity, design and art for over 15 years. For more information on attending or holding a Poetry of Pastel workhop in your area, please contact Tom at 305.213.3163 or write email@example.com.